Saturday 21 January 2012

The Gallery

I have recently submitted work for the International Postcard show 2012 at The Surface Gallery, Nottingham. Artists; local, national and international can submit up to three pieces of original work providing they fit the specified dimensions of a postcard. (4"x6") I exploited my love of craft by sewing the simple postcard format onto canvas material and stitched samples of text. I then stretched them onto 3mm MDF and attached a ribbon to create the wall hanging. The exhibition is taking place from the 25th January - 11th February. A simple approach to constructing, with a sprinkle of imagination can result in some beautiful creations. 





1 comment:

  1. I'm liking this,for something a bit different have you seen http://artbysusanlenz.blogspot.com/ ?

    ReplyDelete