Tuesday 25 December 2012

The Archive of errors




Sometimes I spend HOURS making things that fail; piece by piece dismantling furniture, spelling a sewn word wrong mid sentence, but, not noticing till i've finished and forgetting I own a quick un pick,  throw the entire thing away and start again. In my haste to succeed I will not measure twice, and cut once wrong. I methodically mix paint for the better part of 45 minutes to achieve the desired colour, paint the furniture once, twice, wait for it to dry, take the entire thing outside to photograph and realise the colour is naff. ..and have to re paint it all again in a nicer colour. I never think to mix the paint in a better light to begin with...until...just....now. So, i guess reflecting on failure is how we evolve and learn, and sometimes failure is just as important as our successes. But only if we don't make the same mistake twice that is. 


    ( part one )





No comments:

Post a Comment