Tuesday 1 October 2013

The scrap heap revisited

So. A few years have passed and I am still making curious little stuffed squares and triangles with faces on them and toys resembling animals. What has changed is the way I am documenting them. Instead of just placing them on a chair, taking a photo and calling it a day I am trying to add context. It would make no sense to depict a cup cake flying through the clouds in a hot air balloon basket just for the thrills, a kitchen work top will do just fine for that photograph. But seeing as I am a grown up without children of my own, drawing a little house with chalk and placing said scrap animal inside the drawing of the house would make sense for the photograph of a child's toy in context. 
 


P.s I would like to retract my earlier statement about Hot air balloons. This would be an excellent way to document cake. 


No comments:

Post a Comment